LiFe iN B.eD TeSL - PaRT 2


Today was the third day of my life in B.Ed TESL, in the second part of my study in Teaching English as a Second Language. As far as the week goes, I have gone into all the classes except for the Sociology in Education class with Dr. Norsidah. We have been in the rest 5 classes. They are Princples & Practice in English Language Teaching, Structure of English, Literature in Malaysian Schools, Instructional Technology and Ethnic Relations. 

Principles & Practice in English Language Teaching or PELT is taught by Madam Marina. I can say that she is the reincarnation of Madam Roslinda, who loved to make fun of me in class, in a good way of course. I love the attention given by the lecturer and the classmates in class. She's easy-going and approachable. I think she's sort of someone you can laugh with when somebody make a joke or two. I'm looking forward to having the next class with her.

Structure of English, or SoE (pronounced as so-wee) was taught by Mr. Shah. As everyone knows it, I'm very fond of him. He likes to talk a lot and some people find it, well,  sleep-provoking. Mr.Shah is a really kind and approachable lecturer. I was so happy being in his class till I got the news today that this course will be taken over by a more experience lecturer, Madam Noraini. I went to see her earlier today and she had decided to have classes on Thursday and Friday to replace the classes that we couldn't go. I have heard a lot about her style in class, but I hope she won't be that strict so that I can be myself, being crazy. But if she can't then I have to put a barrier to my attitude.

Literature in Malaysian Schools or LiMS is taught by Miss Asmahan. Turis knows this lecturer more than we do because she's a family friend or somewhat related to her. I'm not quite sure which. I'm still unsure about her style in class. Sometimes she can be strict but at the same time she jokes around too. I think I still need more time to understand her.

Instructional Technology or IT is taught by Dr. Johan. People like to make fun of his surname "luaran" just because it means outside in the Malay language. I'm not participating in those conversations. Well, he's a Sabahan and you can really hear it from the way he pronounces everything. It somehow reminds me of home. Being the sole sabahan in my batch didn't really make me feel isolated but rather special. I wonder when am I gonna let him know that we come from the same state. In this course, I get to do a lot of things that relate to one of my hobbies, blogging. We were asked to create our very own educational blog with at least 14 posts. So, I've come up with another blog specially for the purpose of it. You can drop by here. He also introduced us to the forum function in i-Learn where we will gain 5% carry marks by participating in the forum discussions. I'm used to this because before Facebook was invented, I was a very hardcore user of CARI forum. This wouldn't be a problem. (^__^)

Last but not least, Ethnic Relations or ER. At first I was nervous to step in to this class because I didn't really want PM AJ to be my lecturer again. Even though he gave me an A- for TITAS, but I would really love if an enthusiastic and not racist lecturer to teach me Ethnic Relations. Fortunately, we got a new lecturer whose name was PM Dr. Hasan Bahrom. He was humorous and easy-going. I think I'm gonna enjoy being in this class.

Well, that's all I can say about the first week of B.Ed TESL Part 2 so far. Tomorrow I've got SoE class at 8.30am with Madam Noraini and SiE class with Dr.Norsidah. Hopefully everything will go smoothly as I wish. *Fingers crossed*

0 comment(s):